The Hidden Nightmare Behind Budget Smartphones: A Moto G57 Survival Story
We all know the excitement of unboxing a brand-new smartphone purchased with our hard-earned savings. On January 28, I finally got my hands on a new device from Flipkart in India. I was initially thrilled by the features and performance. However, my excitement turned into endless frustration just five months later, revealing a side of customer service in India that buyers rarely anticipate.
The Spark: A Simple Charging Failure
Exactly five months after unboxing, the charging cable for my Moto G57 completely died. Without it, the phone became completely useless. Finding a customer care number was an impossible task, so I used the brand’s help app to track down the nearest service center.
I visited the center located near the Nirman Vihar metro station in Shakarpur, Delhi. I arrived an hour before closing, but the receptionist was dismissive, refusing to check my device because she claimed it was too busy. After practically begging them to take a look, they finally confirmed the cable was faulty.
Bizarre Rules and False Claims
The real shock came next. The staff informed me that a replacement cable was out of stock. Even worse, they insisted I back up and format my device. Why? They claimed the new charging cable had to be electronically linked to my Moto G57 IMEI number.
As a working professional, handing over my formatted phone for a simple charging cable sounded absurd. I refused. For the next 15 days, I called continuously, only to be told the stock hadn't arrived. During this wait, my device warranty expired.
The Moto G57 Power Nightmare
Desperate, I bought a local charging cable. It worked perfectly with turbo charging for about 15 days, and then the real problem began.
The device stopped charging normally. The massive 7000mAh Moto G57 power system began taking five agonizing hours to reach a full charge. It was incredibly irritating, and my colleagues started mocking my purchase, suggesting endless alternative phones I should have bought instead.
Finding Honest Technicians
Exhausted, I visited another service center in Mayur Vihar Phase 1. The technician there was excellent. Without even opening the phone, he correctly diagnosed a faulty charging port. When I told him about the Nirman Vihar center’s demand to link the cable to my IMEI number, he was shocked. He confirmed that this was entirely fake information designed simply to harass customers.
Unfortunately, the Mayur Vihar center didn't have the replacement port in stock. Because I needed the phone urgently due to a family medical emergency, the technician kindly directed me to the exclusive hub in Nehru Place for a faster repair.
The Final Ordeal: 10 Days for a Simple Port
At Nehru Place, the staff promised a fix within 1-2 days. I submitted my phone and was asked to wait two hours just for an initial diagnostic—something the Mayur Vihar technician had done instantly. When I politely waited, a rude technician dismissed me, questioning why I was still there.
That 1-2 day promised timeline vanished. Over the next week, I called repeatedly, only to hear that the part was still unavailable. It took ten full days to replace a simple charging port. Even then, getting a replacement charging cable required raising an entirely new complaint ticket.
The Verdict
Buying this budget device in India has been a complete waste of time and energy. The lack of spare parts and the misleading tactics used by certain support staff are unacceptable.
If you own a Moto G57 in India, absolutely avoid the Nirman Vihar service center. You can check Reddit; other users have reported similar nightmares. If you ever face battery drain or Moto G57 power charging issues, go straight to the Mayur Vihar branch. They are honest, efficient, and respect the customer.
Comments
Post a Comment